Curist Pharmacist Advisor: Dr. Waverly Yang, PharmD
- Postdoctoral Fellow in Global Medical Affairs and Scientific Communications in Immunology at Sanofi Genzyme (Cambridge, MA)
- Adjunct Professor, Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences (Boston, MA)
Based in Boston, Massachusetts, Dr. Yang is a trained pharmacist who has received several awards for her pharmacy-focused research. Previously a Research and Strategy Intern at Curist (welcome back!), Dr. Yang is now a Postdoctoral Fellow at a leading pharmaceutical company and an Adjunct Professor, teaching the next generation of pharmacists.
Dr. Yang previously worked for over 6 years in various pharmacy settings where she enjoyed helping patients find over-the-counter solutions that best suited their symptoms while balancing safety, effectiveness, and cost considerations.
As someone who suffers from frequent allergies, eczema, and chronic hives (checkout her story here), Dr. Yang understands the struggles and questions that patients may have when it comes to choosing effective medications that offer relief. She is passionate and committed to empowering patients and providers to make informed decisions regarding medications and care.
Dr. Yang’s Bio
- Doctor of Pharmacy (Research Honors), The University of Texas at Austin College of Pharmacy (Austin, Texas)
- Bachelor of Science in Biology, Texas A&M University (College Station, Texas)
- Best Scientific Poster Award 2020, Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy
- 2nd Place Scientific Poster Award 2019, National Pharmaceutical Association
- Endowment for Excellence in Psychiatric Pharmacy and Clinical Neuroscience Award Recipient, The University of Texas at Austin