Last Updated: June 2019
Curist may collect two different types of information, Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”) and Non-Personally Identifiable Information (“Non-PII”). PII and Non-PII may be collected in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when you visit our Website, register on the Website, make a purchase or place an order, subscribe to a recurring product order, fill out a form, contact customer service (telephonically or electronically), and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Website.
Personally Identifiable Information Collected: In order for you to access, use, and/or purchase the products and services offered through the Website, we may require you to provide information that identifies you as an individual (i.e., “PII”). PII may include the following categories of information: (1) Contact Data (such as your name, mailing address, email address, and phone number(s)); (2) Financial Data (such as your account or credit card number); (3) Demographic Data (such as your zip code and age); and (4) Personal Transactional Data (such as your order history). If you communicate with us by email, post a product or service review, or otherwise complete online forms or surveys, any information provided may be collected as PII.
In addition to collecting PII when you voluntarily submit such information to us, we may receive PII from third parties. PII from third parties may be combined with any personal information that you provide to us.
You can refuse to supply PII, but please note that it may reduce the functionality of the Website and prevent you from engaging in certain activities. You will not be able to make a purchase or subscribe without providing PII.
Technical Information Collected: We (or third parties) may collect technical information about visitors to our Website. Technical information may include, for example, the IP address or other identifier for your computer or device, time zone, operating system, Internet service providers utilized, the individual web pages or products viewed, what websites or search terms referred you to the Website, and information about how you interact with the Website, including your responses to any quizzes.
We may use your PII for any lawful purpose, including for:
- Analytics. We may measure the number of visitors to the different sections of ourWebsite, generate usage statistics, and analyze the Website to better understand visitor preferences. We may also use the information we collect to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns.
- Customer service. We may use the information you provide to help us respond to customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- Personalization. We may use information to personalize the Website to your interests or to tailor our products, services, content and offerings.
- Operating or improving our Website and our business. We may use feedback you provide to improve our Website, products and services.
- Fulfill orders, including to process payments. We may use the information you provide when placing an order to provide service to that order. For example, we use the information to arrange for shipping or provide you with invoices and/or order confirmations.
- Running Website features, including contests, promotions, and surveys. We may send you information about promotions, contests, surveys, or other content we think will be of interest to you.
- Communicating with you. We may use your email address to send information and updates pertaining to an order, among other practices. For instance, we may also use email addresses to respond to your inquiries, questions, requests, and/or to send communications we think may be of interest. We may also use information to ensure an email reaches intended destinations or to generate special offers and advertisements. You can opt-out of promotional emails by clicking “unsubscribe” in the bottom of the email. Please allow up to ten (10) business days to process opt-out requests. Even if you opt out of promotional emails, you will still receive transactional messages regarding your order(s) or subscription status.
- Compliance with legal obligations and for security, identification, and other purposes. We may use the information we collect to comply with law, verify identity, detect and prevent fraud, and to maintain the security of our Website. We may also use the collected information as otherwise disclosed at the time of collection or use.
We may share or disclose the PII we collect with third parties, including the following:
- Service providers or agents that perform activities on our behalf, including, but not limited to, fulfillment, shipping, content development and marketing service providers;
- Payment processors, financial gateways, your credit card company and other third parties to process transactions;
- Product manufacturers to report adverse events;
- Third party merchants, advertisers, promoters, content providers and others that we contract with to provide goods and services via programs and offers;
- Our affiliates, subsidiaries, and our related companies linked by ownership;
- As part of a corporate sale, merger, or acquisition, or other transfer of all or part of our assets including as part of a bankruptcy proceeding;
- Pursuant to a subpoena, court order, governmental inquiry, or other legal process or as otherwise required by law, or to protect our rights or the rights of third parties; or
- With your consent or as otherwise disclosed at the time of data collection or sharing.
Please note that if you provide PII online, for example, by writing a product review, all such information can be collected and used by third parties.
If you do not want us to share your PII with any third parties, please email us at email@example.com.
We may share de-identified or aggregated information that is not linked to any PII, and any other technical information, without limitation.
Digital Advertising & Analytics
For more information about interest-based advertising on your desktop or mobile browser, and your ability to opt out of this type of advertising by third parties that participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”), please visit the DAA Self-Regulatory Program. Please note that any opt-out choice you exercise through these programs will apply to interest-based advertising by the third parties you select, but will still allow the collection of data for other purposes, including research, analytics, and internal operations. You may continue to receive advertising, but that advertising may be less relevant to your interests. If you use a different browser or device or clear your cookies you may need to opt-out again.
We may also work with third parties that collect data about your use of the Website and other sites or apps over time for non-advertising purposes. For instance, we may use Google Analytics and other third-party services to improve the performance of the Website and for analytics and marketing purposes. For more information about how Google Analytics collects and uses data, visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/, and to opt out of Google Analytics, visit tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
Third-party websites and services
Visitors may find advertising or other content on our Website that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors, and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by third-party sites or services linked to or from our Website. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other site or service will be subject to that site or service’s own terms and policies.
The Website may also include integrated social media tools or “plug-ins,” such as social networking tools offered by third parties. If you use these tools to share personal information or you otherwise interact with social media features on the Website, those social media companies may collect information about you and may use and share such information in accordance with your account settings, including by sharing such information with the general public. Your interactions with third-party social media companies and the use of their features are governed by the privacy policies of the social media companies that provide those features. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy policies of any social media accounts you create and use.
We take reasonable measures to help maintain information we collect through the Website in a secure manner. Please be aware that, despite our efforts, no security technology can provide invulnerability to information compromise, and we cannot and do not guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us or to any third party affiliated with the Website.
Accessing, Updating, and Correcting PII
At any time you may contact Curist by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to update your PII or request that your PII no longer be shared by Curist. If your user name or password is lost, stolen, or subject to unauthorized use, promptly contact Curist at email@example.com to update the PII we have on file for you.
For choices with respect to third-party interest-based advertising activities, please see the Digital Advertising & Analytics section above.
Your California Privacy Rights