Curist Allergy Advisor: Dr. Hetu Parekh, MD
- Partner, Austin Family Allergy & Asthma (Austin, TX)
Based in Austin, Texas, Dr. Parekh is a board-certified allergist-immunologist. Prior to becoming an allergist, Dr. Parekh practiced and taught pediatrics to medical students and residents for many years in Brooklyn, NY.
Dr. Parekh has been passionate about treating asthma and allergies since he was a medical student. While practicing as a primary care physician, he treated countless patients suffering from environmental allergies, asthma, and eczema, and decided to shift his professional focus to allergic disorders, including asthma and clinical immunology.
Today, Dr. Parekh treats asthma and allergy patients of all ages and is known for his extraordinary dedication and attentiveness to patient care. In addition to participating in ongoing clinical trials, he commits himself to medical and scientific research and has published multiple articles in prestigious medical journals.
Dr. Parekh is a member of both the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology (AAAAI) and the American College of Allergy, Asthma, & Immunology (ACAAI), allergy’s premier professional organizations, and is a Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP).
Dr. Parekh's Bio
- Board Certified - Allergy and Immunology
- Board Certified - Pediatrics
- Fellowship in Allergy and Immunology, Louisiana State University School of Medicine (New Orleans, LA)
- Residency in Pediatrics, Long Island College Hospital/Beth Israel Medical Center (New York, NY)
- St. George’s University School of Medicine (Grenada, West Indies)